Thoughts, topics of interest, points of view, stories and poetry. Some posts also feature my own photographs - here, as well as on the 'valleyguardians' blog. While I don't mind my material being used, I would ask the courtesy of acknowledgement by name or link. A thank you would then follow.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

i am earth fighting for life ...


...my anger boils over

drips acid rain
burns black smoke

... throws tornadoes
ashes and lava



where once was beauty
scorched earth remains

pools of silence
shatter

I am bleeding
I bleed
My blood runs

YOU have hurt me
YOU are hurting me

I am overused
I am used
I am abused

… and YOU just do not stop!

but stop you will

be stopped

stop

or

die.



http://www/writeupcafe.com

1 comment:

  1. This writing was inspired after reading Katty Vandenberghe's poem "a prayer for earth" that I saw on Poetry Alliance's FB page - her poem made me 'feel' her writing, which is to me, what poetry is all about.

    ReplyDelete